The Buteyko Effective Training Centre was established in Russia in 2005 by Sergey Georgievich Altukhov, experienced Buteyko Breathing Technique certified practitioner and the author of a documentary trilogy “Doctor Butenko’s Discovery” and his son Konstantin Altukhov, the godson of Buteyko himself. Sergey Altukhov was one of the principal officers of the first in the world and major in Russia Siberian Centre of “Breathing by Buteyko”, founded in 1987. He was also a deputy of the author of the technique - a well-known eminent academic physiologist Dr. Konstantin Pavlovich Buteyko, who personally trained Sergey Altukhov on his Breathing Technique. Therefore, the version of the Buteyko Breathing Technique offered at our Centre is original and authentic.
As of today, the Buteyko Effective Training Centre is the world-first institution for teaching Buteyko’s Breathing Exercises by means of Distance Training Video Course provided with professional advice. For more than 10 years, our specialists have been using the classical method discovered by Academician K.P. Buteyko for the successful drug-free treatment of civilization diseases, such as bronchial asthma, allergy, diabetes mellitus, chronic rhinitis, hypertension, angina, women’s diseases, etc. (a full list of diseases)
A goal set by our Centre is to cover patients of any regions, for whom taking trips to undergo medical treatment is undesirable. Therefore, the basic form of training at our Centre is the distance training.
Sergey Altukhov is the certified VDBE practitioner since 1988.
He received his second Certificate of VDBE Practitioner from the author of the Buteyko Breathing Method on recertification in 1998.
Sergey Altukhov is a supervising practitioner. It is his responsibility that one or another practitioner should adequately conduct training. He is also in charge of keeping track of low-grade materials on the Buteyko Breathing Method in mass media to prevent their dissemination.
Sergey Altukhov is the author of a documentary novel "Doctor Buteyko’s Discovery".
He participated in all major theoretical and practical conferences on the Buteyko Breathing Method during 1988-1991.
He started his career at the Novosibirsk Centre of Breathing by Buteyko as an ordinary practitioner in 1988. In no time he became Deputy Chairman responsible for information, while the author of the VDBE Method, Konstanitin P. Buteyko was Chairman.
As an observer and supervising practitioner, Sergey Altukhov took part in the April (1991) Anti-AIDS VDBE Method Testing in HIV Infected Patients at the L.V. Gromashevsky Kiev Research Institute of Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases. The testing was scientifically supervised by the author of the method, Konstantin Pavlovich Buteyko. The general physician Vladimir Novoselov was a principal practitioner.
During 1996-2001, Sergey Georgievich Altukhov did lecturing on the Buteyko Breathing Method at the Novosibirsk People’s Health Care University at the Department of General Health Improvement and Eyesight Gain without Glasses. He has a wide experience in eyesight recovery based on the Buteyko Breathing Method.
Since 01 January 2005 he is Director of "The Buteyko Effective Training Centre".
Sergey Altukhov was the first to devise a video version of the classical course in Buteyko Breathing Method. He also inserted the first volume of his documentary trilogy, «Doctor Butenko’s Discovery», into the course. This trilogy was approved for publishing as a study book by Buteyko himself.
Of all the documents available, only the basic ones are supposed to be presented, namely:
MINISTRY OF HEALTH OF THE USSR
ORDER No. 591 dated 30 April 1985
ON MEASURES UPON INTRODUCING VOLUNTARY BREATHING DEPTH REGULATION METHOD FOR THE TREATMENT OF BRONCHIAL ASTHMA
In recent years, the drug-free therapy methods have gained wide use in the treatment of patients suffering from bronchial asthma. The studies performed by a number of research institutes proved the efficiency of the modified method of voluntary breathing depth reduction (Author’s Certificate No. 1067640 dated 15 September 1983 – “Method of Treating Hemohypocarbia”) when treating bronchial asthma in children and adults in a complex therapy with applying medication and physical therapy methods. For the purpose of further development of bronchial asthma drug-free treatment and introduction of the voluntary breathing depth regulation method for the treatment of bronchial asthma, I ORDER:
1. That I.M. Sechenov First Moscow Medical Institute of the USSR Ministry of Health (Mr. V.I. Petrov) continue studying of the voluntary breathing depth reduction method when treating children and adolescents suffering from bronchial asthma, as well as develop Guidelines for Medical Practitioners and submit them to the USSR Ministry of Health for consideration in the prescribed manner by 01 December 1985.
2. That within 1985, the Central Research Institute of Tuberculosis of the USSR Ministry of Health (Mr. A.G. Khomenko), All-Union Research Institute of Pulmonology of the USSR Ministry of Health (Mr. N.M. Putov), Moscow Research Institute of Tuberculosis of the USSR Ministry of Health (Mr. A.A. Priymak) study the method of the voluntary breathing depth reduction when treating adults, as well as develop Guidelines for Medical Practitioners and submit them to the USSR Ministry of Health for consideration in the prescribed manner by 01 January 1986.
3. That during 1985-1986, the Institute of Breathing Physiology and Pathology of the USSR AMS Siberian Branch (Mr. M.T. Lutsenko), Institute of Clinical and Experimental Medicine of the USSR AMS Siberian Branch (Mr. V.P. Kaznacheev), Institute of Therapy of the USSR AMS Siberian Branch (Mr. Yu.P. Nikitin) study the voluntary breathing depth reduction method in patients with various visceral disorders, as well as develop Guidelines for Medical Practitioners and submit them to the USSR Ministry of Health for consideration in the prescribed manner by 01 December 1987.
4. That the Scientific Medical Council of the USSR Ministry of Health (Mr. O.K. Gavrilov) together with the Central Agency for Maternity and Childhood Disease Management and Prevention of the USSR Ministry of Health (Mrs. I.I. Grebesheva) and Central Agency for Disease Management and Prevention of the USSR Ministry of Health (Mr. A.M. Moskvichev) conduct a theoretical and practical conference on Drug-Free Methods of Treating Patients with Bronchial Asthma in December 1986.
5. That by 15 June 1985, the USSR AMS Siberian Branch (Mr. Yu. I. Borodin) submit application to the USSR Ministry of Health for supplementary allocation of funds to create the research group functioning as Methodology Centre for further studying of the voluntary breathing depth reduction method and its application in various pathologies.
6. That by 01 June 1985, the I.M. Sechenov First Moscow Medical Institute of the USSR Ministry of Health (Mr. V.I. Petrov) submit application to the USSR Ministry of Health for supplementary allocation of funds for the Department of Therapeutic Physical Training (Prof. V.A. Siluianova) to carry out research on further studying of the voluntary breathing depth reduction method.
7. That by 01 June 1985, Chairman of the Coordination Committee of the All-Union Scientific Technical Program 0.69.08 (Mr. A.G. Khomenko) introduce an additional subject matter for the 12th five-year plan on studying drug-free methods of treating patients suffering from bronchial asthma with using the voluntary breathing depth reduction method.
8. I hereby authorize the Scientific Medical Council of the USSR Ministry of Health (Mr. O.K. Gavrilov), Central Agency for Maternity and Childhood Disease Management and Prevention of the USSR Ministry of Health (Mrs. I.I. Grebesheva) and Central Agency for Disease Management and Prevention of the USSR Ministry of Health (Mr. A.M. Moskvichev) to supervise execution of this order.
S. Burenkov, Minister
Is issued to VDBE Practitioner and Publisher,
SERGEY G. ALTUKHOV
to the effect that he is empowered with making arrangements for advocacy and introduction of the Voluntary Deep Breathing Elimination Method (VDBE by K.P. Buteyko) with the aim of public education and health improvement, including publishing literature.
The author of the VDBE Method,
Ph.D. in Medical Sciences
Academician of International Informatization Academy
Konstantin P. Buteyko
10 September 1997»
The first volume of the
"Doctor Buteyko’s Discovery" novel.
The second volume of the
"Doctor Buteyko’s Discovery" novel.
The third volume of the
"Doctor Buteyko’s Discovery" novel.
I wrote and published the first volume of my documentary novel as far back as October 1990. At that time, there was neither a novel on this topic, nor any big book at all, not counting that in Swedish published in 1983 (“Russian Revolution and Health”). However, only a part of this small book is concerned with Buteyko’ discovery. Therefore, here I will be speaking about just these three books – three volumes of my trilogy, “Doctor Butenko’s Discovery”. It will be recalled once again that I intentionally changed a letter in the author’s surname. The life of a discoverer is definitely tragic. I wrote three thick volumes with the aim of helping patients to do the main thing – to insert the idea of truth of the theory behind the method of Academician K.P. Buteyko into their subconscious minds. And this cannot be done in the small book format. Subconsciousness is a point of great nicety and caprice. Of course, the trilogy contains some practical Buteyko’s exercises. Though surely, no book can serve instead of a practitioner.
Volume one – Laboratory Destruction – is focused, mainly, on theory. It is here that a struggle of Konstantin Pavlovich for his miracle method, as well as his life and his own peculiar mission, are depicted in the form of a truly absorbing novel. And, of course, the whole theory behind the Discovery of the Deep Breathing Diseases, without which any practical training is useless. This fact should be particularly emphasized. Practice without grounding in theory won’t restore your health. There are some practical descriptions in the first volume, of course. Thus, for instance, Chapter 14 quotes the author’s description of a complex of light exercises. In this book, the discoverer explains the essence of his method to the cardiac patient Khodakevich. Chapters 22-25 deal with two complete classes of training in the method during the Leningrad testing. And nevertheless, the value of Volume one is precisely in presenting the Discovery Method. Nowadays, it is very expensive to edit books. Therefore, those who wish to take the course of distance training, will receive an e-version of Volume 1 (in case you or your friends have PC and the Internet).
Volume two – Death and Rebirth – turned out to be a rare book. The number of copies we managed to print was scanty – only 500 pieces. They were sold out immediately by patients, since Chapters 25-34 of this volume contain the most detailed practical exercises. And despite the fact that without practical training supervised by the practitioner these exercises will cure no one, the book caused quite a stir. When only three books left, I reserved them. As there was a pressing need to issue Volume three, I made up my mind to sell the last copies to wealthy patients at the auction price. One book was bought by a patient from Leningrad at 500 USD in 2000. But this was too little to publish Volume three. Meanwhile, many patients mistook the journalism-and-fiction book for a manual, which could result in health impairment. All thigs considered, the book is currently offered as a handbook only to those who have decided to master the distance training course, in addition to the “Advanced Practical Course”, which ensures direct knowledge.
As to Volume three – “She was not Allowed to Give Birth”, - my wife and I managed to publish it partially – only Part 1. And the most interesting episodes where Liudmila tells about the delivery process with using the Buteyko Breathing Method and gives practical training are left in Part 2 unpublished.
© The Buteyko Effective Training Centre, 2005-2018.
Attention: All the materials / articles / video are the objects of copyright protection (including design). No part of this information and objects may be reproduced or transmitted in any form including copying to other websites and Internet resources or otherwise, without the prior written consent of the right holder. The copyright infringement is regulated and prosecutable.